Welcome to the Spokane Food Policy Council!
The Spokane Food Policy Council is a non-profit organization working on food systems issues.
- SFPC Mission: To advance policies and initiatives that foster a resilient food system in the Spokane area; one that is healthy and equitable for its citizens, economy and environment.
- SFPC Vision: A thriving community that values and cultivates a viable, inclusive, and prosperous food system
Purpose of Food Policy Councils:
- Influence government food policies
- Coordinate food system stakeholders within a specified geography/jurisdiction
- Conduct food assessments/studies and prepare food plans
This report, written by members of the Spokane Food Policy Council (SFPC), is a broad assessment of the Spokane regional food system in 2016–the first of its kind for Spokane. Spokane joins other cities all across the United States that are evaluating their local food systems in an effort to improve access and quality of food for their residents and to determine their ability to provide food during economic, environmental and climatic challenges.